[Oberon] Re. Oberon on PPC/Linux - plus++

Douglas G. Danforth Danforth at GreenwoodFarm.com
Wed Nov 29 07:21:31 MET 2006

crglur at mmi01.absamail.co.za wrote:
> Klaas Punt wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if the Native Oberon simulator package
>> would run on the PPC. It is Linux and the source is available
>> I would think.
>>

> What 'Native Oberon simulator package' ?
> Can you provide a URL pointer ?
>

>> Anyway, I'll first set my teeth in Oberon System, which I
>> always thought to be covered by this mailing list, being an
>> ETH project.
>>

> I believe Mac has a X86 simulator, because I once saw
> DOS-turbo-pascal running on a Mac ?
>
> So then you can perhaps run some of the Native Oberon
> packages.

Slightly off topic: If you have an Intel based Mac then you can use
Parallels Desktop to run MS Windows or Linux
simultaneously with Mac OS X.  Parallels Desktop costs $80 US and runs
at native speed using virtualization.
I have it now running on a new MacBook with absolutely no problems.  I
did this so I could continue to
use BlackBox/Component Pascal under MS Windows.
-Doug Danforth