[Oberon] USB CD Boot

Aubrey.McIntosh at Alumni.UTexas.Net Aubrey.McIntosh at Alumni.UTexas.Net
Sat Dec 30 00:47:47 MET 2006

I have a system with a USB based CD drive.  I built a CD iso image
with a kernel that is known to boot a USB memory stick.  There are two
additional AosStorage??? modules that are also linked into the file,
that end up being loaded when I mount a USBCD based file system.

It doesn't boot.  I have set Init=0 and TraceMode=3 and watched as all
sorts of insightful information scrolls off the top of the screen too
fast for me to read.

It will be a lot of effort to set up serial debugging support.  I
wonder if there is some way to make the trace output slow down.
(scroll lock does not work)

Alternately, has anyone already succeeded at a USB CD boot?

--
-- Aubrey McIntosh, Ph.D.