[Oberon] Last changed: April 3, 2007 - could it be a diploma thesis?

Treutwein Bernhard Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Mon Apr 30 09:10:33 MEST 2007

Salut Jürg,

let me do two "stack oriented" replies and pop some comments ...

> devellopment in software (oberon is neither commercial nor
> completely free)

to my knowledge licensing changed and its now a BSD-like
license, which is more than free: You can base soemthing
commercial on it without requirement to publish the sources.
This is the type of open source licence MicroSoft prefers :-)

> the benefit it would give over native oberon. So I kept
> waiting for the next release of native oberon, announced for
> early 2003... (Do I have to tell you, how it feels to read

absolutely correct. But the last two/three people, who
maintained it, apparently left ETHZ and could not find
the time to do the maintainance in their spare time.

I myself did become maintainer of a last attempt to setup
a source-forge project, but I also do not have much time
and it would need a bit more thinking ... switching
to subversion (to handle the binary contents) and more
but that even needs more time if you're not fluent in
these tools (CVS & subversion) ...

just some quick thoughts ...

regards
--
	Bernhard Treutwein, IuK, Ref. III A 3
	Bernhard.Treutwein(at)verwaltung uni-muenchen de