[Oberon] Re. Beagleboard

Chris Glur easlab at absamail.co.za
Mon Oct 6 05:12:47 MEST 2008

 "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Renner?=" <soren.renner at gmail.com>
wrote:-
> Providing that a port of Bluebottle (A2,...) to the beagleboard includes a
> module for driving the *OpenGL(c) ES 2.0 capable 2D/3D graphics accelerator
> capable of rendering 10 million polygons per second *then it would be a very
> good idea.

Bank robbers and policemen need not agree,
but each can excel in his own speciality.

Bicycles and Cadillacs have different 'aims'.

IMO Wirthian systems aim for minimalism,
which is consistent with an ARM based beagleboard ?

Related to minimum power consumption [as he
said, his Sharp calculator still runs on the original
batteries of 20 years ago], I've never seen the 0.5 sec
delayed-action e-paper display technology.
Nor can I find an 'open' supplier - they write "we've
got it, just write to us".  Has this finally become a
viable technology ?

BTW 'your' 4-line mail contribution was wrapped/padded
to be delivered in 110 lines. A la Cadillac ?

== Chris Glur.