[Oberon] Re. Beagleboard

Jack Johnson knapjack at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 16:13:51 MEST 2008

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 7:12 PM, Chris Glur <easlab at absamail.co.za> wrote:
> IMO Wirthian systems aim for minimalism,
> which is consistent with an ARM based beagleboard ?

Though I don't like the overhead of USB for all peripherals (including
Ethernet), I think for a modern system it's a fair balance between
cost-effectiveness and minimalism.  I don't see a lot of custom
workstation production anymore (or anyone stepping up to the plate),
so I think this is as close to minimalist as we'll see for a while
without looking at some other board designed for embedded systems.

Even the simplest modern Intel motherboard hides its complexity in the
supporting chipsets.  The question is would a resulting
beagleboard-based system be less complex than a standard PC?

-Jack