[Oberon] Platform independent IDE

Douglas G. Danforth danforth at greenwoodfarm.com
Fri Oct 17 22:43:48 MEST 2008

Treutwein Bernhard wrote:
> Re 1: ETHZ is struggling for industry cooperation, see
> 	http://www.oberon-industry.ethz.ch/ and
> 	http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/partnerships/index
I have some experience in this regards and so can commiserate.
Stanford's Center for the Study of Language and Information (CSLI) has
an Industrial Affiliates program where members pay $50k a year to get
access to professors' research and a limited amount of time
co-developing prototypes projects.

It was my task to support some of those affiliates and also establish
new ones. Support I was able to do.  To find new ones I failed miserably.

This is not easy.  One must be in sales and marketing to attract.
As a researcher I don't have those skills (or desire).

In retrospect I probably should have established contacts with
Stanford's business school and gotten some graduate students who were
interested in sales and marketing and have them act on my behalf in a
cooperative and money sharing deal (with approval, of course, of all
parties involved).

-Doug Danforth