[Oberon] Power-down restoration

John Drake jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 4 01:30:50 MET 2009

We who?  I'm always up for learning something new. ;)  And it didn't
sound like Douglas was looking for a "Linux solution".  Anyway I
thought your question was if that would be a good "killer app".  When
I think if the term "killer app" I think of "new application that might
get people to try a particular platform."  The "power down" application
has been done and while I think it's interesting it didn't have the
"killer app" effect by itself for eros-os. I remember years ago telling
a friend how cool the feature was and he just said "Sounds like
sleep mode on my laptop."  (Having later experienced "sleep mode"
I'm pretty sure it's not the same but it all goes to show how people
are more likely to find "good enough" on their current system then
to try something new).

>From an Oberon perspective it would be interesting to see this
feature implemented in BlueBottle and if any of the developers
were interested the link I gave would be a good place to start for
ideas.  If you just want to know if this has been implemented in
Linux I'd suggest posting the question on a Linux developers
list giving the same links I gave and you're more likely to get the
answer you seek.

Regards,

John M. Drake