Re (2): AW: [Oberon] Help! Boot hangs with "OBE"

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Fri Aug 6 19:27:26 MEST 2010

On Fri, 6 Aug 2010, peasthope at shaw.ca wrote:

> > BTW, how do I insure that I do not touch the A2 Boot Manager?
>
> It isn't on the Oberon0 diskette.  It was written by A. Fischer
> and released after the alpha release of Oberon0, as I recall.  Prior to BootMan,
> other boot managers were used.  Ref.
> http://www-old.oberon.ethz.ch/install.html
> Appendix N: Adding Oberon to a boot manager
> FWIIW, I used MasterBooter.

What I mean is -- will _anything_ in the NO install process hose my
Boot Manager? I don't want to be chosing the wrong option somewhere
and wipe out the Boot Manager.

> But if you want only to run Oberon, no boot manager is needed.
> Just be sure to make the partition bootable in the last step of
> the Oberon0 installation.

That the whole point of my query - I have 5 partitions on this HDD
which is beautifully orchestrated at the moment by the A2 Boot
Manager. I don't want to screw that up!

> The whole installation process is quite straightforward and
> painless, provided you follow the steps carefully.

Agreed! it's painless.
--
Duke