Re (3): AW: [Oberon] Help! Boot hangs with "OBE"

peasthope at shaw.ca peasthope at shaw.ca
Fri Aug 6 19:58:53 MEST 2010

Duke,

> What I mean is -- will _anything_ in the NO install process hose my
> Boot Manager?

Oberon0 has never bothered MasterBooter or BootMan
in my experience.

> I have 5 partitions on this HDD
> which is beautifully orchestrated at the moment by the A2 Boot
> Manager. I don't want to screw that up!

Now I understand the concern.  Best to get an old drive
containing nothing you care about and install there to
be convinced of the process.  When satisfied with that
installation and feeling brave, go to your valued 5-part
drive, back everything which is irreplaceable and then
install Oberon on the target part.

Years ago I had multiple parts to allow for DOS,
Oberon and Linux on one machine.  But machines are so
cheap now.  Linux has a dedicated machine.  DOS and
Oberon are on one machine but DOS hasn't run for a
year or so.  If space is an issue, use laptops.
(More parts on a drive) = (more risk of damage).
Keep everything as simple as possible.

Regards,        ... P.

--
Carnot netboots *.SUN4C; installation of NetBSD 5 pending.
Personal site works;  http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/ .