[Oberon] Books (was: Still can't boot)

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Mon Aug 9 03:54:34 MEST 2010

>Much appreciated! Gee - I'm glad you Oberon guys are still
>around ( and reading this list!) ;) Otherwise I might be
>stumbling around _a long time_ getting nowhere fast. Thanks again..

No problems. However, if we weren't around you wouldn't need to worry - you
would just have to do what we did when learning the system (before we had
access to the internet) i.e. RTFM ;-)

Fortunately Oberon came with a number of excellent text books:

http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/bibliography/publications

I particularly recommend the ones authored by Wirth and / or Reiser and / or
H. Mössenböck. A few can be downloaded as PDF files. I just checked Amazon -
some of them are almost cheaper to buy as a second-hand copy than it would
be to download them and print them out! The PDFs are great for searching but
I find the bound books more convenient to read than a printout.

Chris.