Re (2): [Oberon] OFS aliases not being initialized

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Fri Aug 13 02:50:51 MEST 2010

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010, peasthope at shaw.ca wrote:

> Duke,
>
> > I moved the whole OFS {...} configuration section to the beginning of
> > the file ... Anyway, all is well with NO again!
>
> Are you using Native Oberon or DOS Oberon or Win Oberon?
> A few days back you mentioned FAT; I wonder whether you
> have Oberon installed in a FAT filesytem.

Native Oberon installed on its own "Native Oberon, Aos" partition. I
also have a FAT32 partition. I "mount" it using:

FileSystem.Mount FAT FatFS IDE0#06

> > ... maybe the Oberon.Text file was not being completely read ...
>
> Yes.  Two blunders with Oberon.Text are familiar.
> One is a syntax error which interrupts interpretation.

That's what I must have done! Is there a "lint" utility or syntax
checker?

> The second is having a second Oberon.Text in a part
> which is prioritized ahead of SYS.  For example, a
> Home:Oberon.Text can take precedence over SYS:Oberon.Text.
>
> Suppose your Home part has first priority and initially
> there is no Home:Oberon.Text.  Open Oberon.Text, which
> is really SYS:Oberon.Text, do some  editing and save it.
> It will be saved as Home:Oberon.Text.  Henceforth,
> Home:Oberon.Text will take priority over SYS:Oberon.Text.
> At first this can be preplexing.

I see! Nice example! I'll have to make sure I _never_ do that ;)

Thanks for the feedback!
--
Duke