Re (3): [Oberon] OFS aliases not being initialized

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Sat Aug 14 17:30:26 MEST 2010

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010, Aubrey.McIntosh at Alumni.UTexas.Net wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Duke Normandin <dukeofperl at ml1.net> wrote:
> > On Sat, 14 Aug 2010, Aubrey.McIntosh at Alumni.UTexas.Net wrote:
> >

> >> It turns out that Randy Bush was very involved in both Modula-2 and
> >> FidoNet.
> >
> > And who is Randy Bush again?
> > --
>
> Randy was involved in the Modula-2 standardization effort, and is
> apparently the author of the first FidoNet specification document.
> Many of the readers here were involved with Modula-2 in an earlier
> epoch.

I see! I remember fooling around with Modula in the '80s - I _think_
on my Apple. It couldn't have been my next machine - an Epson QX-16
running CP/M and the Forth-based proprietary VALDOCS system on a 8080
compatible NEC chip. I don't think the Epson machine was blessed with
something as useful as a Modula compiler. ;)

Or it have have been on my _next_ machine - an 8086 - that I first
tinkered with Turbo Pascal and Modula. Who knows.. ;)

But bless Randy "and the boys" for FidoNet and BBS!!
--
Duke