Re (3): [Oberon] OFS aliases not being initialized

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Sun Aug 15 06:52:03 MEST 2010

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010, peasthope at shaw.ca wrote:

> > Is there a "lint" utility or syntax checker?
>
> No.
>
> In Oberon.Text, make System.Time or DayTime.SetClock the
> last of the InitCommands.  Eg.
> InitCommands = { ... { System.Time } }
> or InitCommands = { ... { DayTime.SetClock "10.4.0.1" } }
> If the result doesn't appear in the System.Log you've narrowed
> the problem.

I must be missing the point of this strategy! I did the above, and the
time printed out correctly in the System.Log. So is the strategy to
progressively move System.Time down the file until the time doesn't
appear anymore in the System.Log? I'm not sure whether or not it's
allowed to issue commands other than in the InitCommands section?

--
Duke