[Oberon] Mount command

Stauber Sven Philipp sven.stauber at inf.ethz.ch
Thu Aug 26 17:53:29 MEST 2010

> But no one will advise he how to mount IDE from my CD-A2 installation ?

Sorry, overlooked this...

FSTools.Mount Prefix Alias dev#part ~ is the A2 command to mount your IDE.

Example:
FSTools.Mount MyIDE AosFS IDE0#1 ~

Note that at some point in time, the AosFS data structures were modified to support longer filenames. If the mount command above complains about incompatibility of file systems, try:

FSTools.Mount MyIDE OldAosFS IDE0#1 ~  ("OldAosFS" instead of "AosFS"!)

You can also start A2 commands within the "grey box" (Oberon application) using the command Aos.Call commandName parameters, e.g.

Aos.Call FSTools.Mount MyIDE AosFS IDE0#1 ~ (MM on Aos.Call)

If you prefer mouse, you can start Menu -> Files -> Partitions (in A2), select the partition to be mounted and press on mount (the tool automatically determines the file system).

>Looking at *.c code under linux / mc / mcedit with it's syntax colouring, really makes the code structure much clearer.  We would want to often reverse engineer existing C-code; and we should slowly evolve utility/s to help us.

The Programmer's Editing Tool (PET) of A2 supports generic syntax highlighting.

Best,
Sven