Re (2): [Oberon] Mail client problem! Please re-send.

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Thu Sep 16 21:26:12 MEST 2010

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010, peasthope at shaw.ca wrote:

> You received my replies at least.

I did! and I'm staying away from emacs' RMAIL, 'till I get it
configured correctly. I use al(pine) mostly.

> > NO seems too restrictive ...
>
> Fundamentally the system is elegant and efficient.  I'd
> rather say it needs more development; and certainly there
> are a few bugs to fix.

I agree, to be sure! I suppose that there's no reason why ETHNO could
not have as good a text-based Web Browser as `lynx' or `w3m'. Or a
graphics-based one, using Gadgets. But do _I_ want to create those,
is the question I need to answer for myself. ;)

> Date:	Wed, 15 Sep 2010 21:10:54 -0600 (MDT)
> > I'm trying to get RMAIL working in emacs.
>
> I've used Mail.Panel in ETHNO since it was first available.
> It's faster than thunderbird even on relatively slow hardware.
> mutt and similar text-interface mailers work but ETHNO
> is more convenient and intuitive.

I still haven't installed another NIC in the machine I'm using, so I
haven't had the experience. LNO does not support networking available
on Linux, and neither does the "other" NO on Linux. Bummer...

> Preferences in software are as personal as preferences in
> music.

You bet! It's too bad though - I _do_ like NO; I guess it's seems not
mature enough for my needs. I also think that learning  to use a new
OS while trying to learn a new programming language in
counter-productive. Maybe once I get proficient enough with
Oberon2/Modula2, I'll be in a more creative mood, and feel more
inclined to write apps for ETHNO. I should have been doing this 10
years ago though. :) TTYL...

--
Duke