Dijkstra - was: [Oberon] Reiser - Wirth book

erikc firewevr at airmail.net
Mon Oct 4 17:30:34 MEST 2010

This reminds me of Dijkstra's rather famous 1968 letter to
/Communications of the ACM/ "Go To Statement Considered Harmful" in
which he argues for structured control statements.  But he does not
mention COBOL in it.  (COBOL still sucks, BTW)

link:
http://www.u.arizona.edu/~rubinson/copyright_violations/Go_To_Considered_Harmful.html

I also found this other link to his collected writings.

link:    http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/EWD/

--erikc