[Oberon] NO still lives a little bit

Aubrey.McIntosh at Alumni.UTexas.Net Aubrey.McIntosh at Alumni.UTexas.Net
Sun Nov 21 19:45:43 CET 2010

Actually, the first thing I did was to cut and paste the working
example and bring it up in Blackbox.
I did not add parameters yet, just re-compiled each time.

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Bob Walkden <bob at web-options.com> wrote:

>> Seriously, for me it's a close race between "obc" and "oo2c". These two
>> compilers will work on almost all platforms. LNO is nice - but you're
> stuck _in_
>> LNO. Learning Oberon in LNO, is learning to program LNO - that's it!
> that's all!
>> It's nice if you want to extend LNO - which is cool too, if LNO satisfies
> all your
>> needs.
>
> you can also learn to program in Oberon using Blackbox. I use Native Oberon
> on a bare metal Thinkpad 760ED, and Blackbox under Win 7. The interesting
> thing to do is to try and write code that will run in Blackbox and on NO.
> It's a good exercise in abstraction and helps to keep you honest. For me the
> benefit of using NO is that the Oberon environment is so different from
> everything else that it is refreshing and makes me think in unconventional
> ways.

Aubrey McIntosh, Ph.D.
1502 Devon Circle
Austin TX 78723-1814