[Oberon] obc GetEnv - Got it!

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Wed Nov 24 20:38:46 CET 2010

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010, Jan Verhoeven wrote:

> On Wednesday 24 November 2010 19:21:06 Duke Normandin wrote:
> > Hi....
> >
> > I had an out-dated OBC pdf doc file. I now see:
> >
> > [quote]
> > PROCEDURE GetEnv * (name : ARRAY OF CHAR; VAR s : ARRAY OF CHAR) IS
> > "Args_GetEnv";
> > fetch an environment variable into a string buffer
> > [/quote]
>
> I'm on the list.... Again.

Cool! This list needs _you_! :)

> > However, as you know, I need to get at the Env. Vars, STDIN and
> > STDOUT. I don't think OBC is up to the task.
>
> stdin and stdout are defined in 'Files'.
> See http://fruttenboel.verhoeven272.nl/obc/obcdefs.html.gz

I see it! Thanks Mike Spivey!

[snip]

Thanks for the CGI refresher course ;D

I've been using Apache since almost it first came out. I'm trying out
Hiawatha and Cherokee at the moment. Hiawatha is _real_ nice IMHO..
We'll see how the cookie crumbles. Was that a Web pun??? :)

> If you use a candycane Linux your mileage will vary and all folders will
ROTFL ....

But I won't go there! - the topic of "candycane" OS that is. :)

BTW, Slackware was the very first Linux implementation I ever set up
and ran - 1995 I think. The most BSDish of the bunch. I then switched
to FreeBSD. Thanks! L8r...

--
Duke