[Oberon] How to mimic an associative array

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Mon Dec 6 03:52:54 CET 2010

Yes.

>If so then I assume it will be dependent upon each hosting
>provider to tell you how to get the code down to their
>servers.  Is that correct?
>-Doug

I don't know how it works in all cases but for me it is quite
straightforward:

a) My webhosting provider advertises that they support the Microsoft.NET
v2.0 framework.

b) I write my active webpages (*.aspx) for any user interface code in Visual
Studio using ASP.NET v2. These generate C# skeleton code which I expand
using a mixture of C# and calls to GPCP procedures.

c) I upload my aspx files to any convenient user-specified subfolders on my
webserver using ftp.

d) I upload the dlls generated by GPCP to the "bin" folder on my website
using ftp.

Note that I don't work down at the low level of CGI - AFAIK you don't need
to know about any of that when you are writing web applications using the
.NET framework. I just make calls to the framework in the same way as if I
was writing a desktop application and let it work out all the underlying
low-level web-specific details.

Regards,
Chris

Chris Burrows