[Oberon] How to mimic an associative array

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Mon Dec 6 04:20:12 CET 2010

On Sun, 5 Dec 2010, Douglas G. Danforth wrote:

> Chris,
> IIRC Duke wanted to run his code on a server.

I do! On my own at the moment.

> So by suggesting Gardens Point I assume you
> can run that on a server.  Is that correct?
> If so then I assume it will be dependent upon each
> hosting provider to tell you how to get the code
> down to their servers.  Is that correct?

A hosting provider makes available (usually sftp) a means of uploading
your compiled C or whatever CGI programs; or your interpreted
scripts. It gets a little hairy with scripts that are written in an
interpreted language that the Hosting provider doesn't support. There
are ways to configure the Apache and Hiawatha servers (the 2 that I'm
most familiar with) to securely do just about anything :) What I
_first_ look for, is a provider that runs a Unix-based server farm -
that's it! that's all! The deck is now stacked in my favor :D
--
Duke