[Oberon] LNO revive.

Chris Glur easlab at absamail.co.za
Wed Jan 11 16:37:37 CET 2012

On 1/9/2012 4:00 PM, Chris Glur wrote:
> BlackBox/ComponentPascal was a real dissapointment for me.

Chris, I am probably taking this out of context but what, exactly,
disappointed you in BlackBox/Component Pascal?

Was it the interface which did not look like V4 or something else?

How would it:
= show me the list of mounted partitions, for me to select the
 suitable one,
= to search for files: *rame*uffr*
= Repeat those 2 steps for files: *ill*haos*  and *umry*
= From the 3 sets of files search for 4 <keywords> and copy the
enclosing sentences., to the destination file, whose name I can't
remember. But that doesn't matter, because it's writen on my
<job sheet> which is HERE, and I just have to klux the name,
which I RECOGNISE [if need be because I've given it a meaningful
colour/font].

Or a task that I do every day:
=extract the set of links from a `lynx -dump` to a file of
URLs to lynx-get, next time on-line;
where the extracted URLs are at the bottom of the page,
whereas you're reading the top of the page, to decide if
the link may be of interest  -- like foot notes work.

2 attributes of the HCI are essential, which I don't remember
BB having [an infuriating aspect of M$ directory is it's hiding
of files - for use by kiddies]:
1. the ability to read/write cutNpast between multiple
text on the same screen.
2. the ability to work heads-up for 'those' operations. ie.
whith no need to look down to the keyboard, to find special
keys.

How does Micro$loth do this ?
3 files, have 3 sections [of multiple consecutive lines] each:
f1: A1y
f2: xB3
f3: 2zC

The contents of the [3 per file] section-terminator-lines
is known; say: "<><><><><><><>"

You must construct:
f1: ABC
f2: xyz
f3: 123
and make TableOfContents for each file like:
*<A's description>
*<B's description>
*<C's description>
   so that you can quickly go to f2 , section 'y'
and search for <stringN>

Such tasks are commonly done by *nix scripts, but I mean
cases where you need a human to read/recognise; so that
it can't be automated.

== Chris Glur.