[Oberon] Oberon Companion was: Help in using an Oberon systems.

Treutwein Bernhard Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Fri Dec 14 15:02:15 CET 2012

Chris Glur wrote:

> == I forgot to point out that <Companion book> COMES with the system.

Yes, absolutely correct, it is contained in the Docu.zip located at
ftp://ftp.ethoberon.ethz.ch/ETHOberon/Native/Update/Alpha

I fired up my old Native Oberon Alpha installation on an orphaned
HP Vectra (Pentium 1/133). There is a Book.Tool, which I successfully
opened with a middle mouse click on Desktops.OpenDoc Book.Tool (after
typing Book.Tool after the Desktops.OpenDoc, which was in my Sytem.Tool.
I really don't remember if/what I already configured differently from
the installation default System.Tool). Book.Tool is an active hyperlinked
text, which opens the different chapters by clicking on the corresponding
titles.

I know this is awful for someone who is still downhill on the steep
learning curve of the Oberon System.

It is possible to open these files in BlackBox, but the figures and
images are missing ...

Regards
--
  Bernhard