[Oberon] Help in using an Oberon systems.

Jan Verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Fri Dec 14 23:17:25 CET 2012

On Friday 14 December 2012 18:00:15 Srinivas Nayak wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Some important doubts on Oberon:
> 1. Which Oberon system is most stable? Native Oberon?

Native Oberon (NO) is rather old. But nice for an old man like me.
All Oberons are stable as a rock. Even more stable than Slackware Linux
or FreeBSD.

> 3. Does Wirth's book on Oberon contain FULL source code of the Ceres
> Oberon OS? Or just code snippets to illustrate the concept?

Full sources. There is a PDF on my website.

> 4. What is the latest book on Oberon?

Don't expect a book younger than 7 years.

> 5. Which line of Oberon system is being currently developed? x86
> (Native) Oberon? System 3? A2?

I think AOS or A2 is more a research project than a true OS.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Jan Verhoeven
http://www.verhoeven272.nl