[Oberon] The Oberon answer to Arduino

Jan Verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Fri Dec 28 00:27:30 CET 2012

On Wednesday 26 December 2012 02:18:50 Aubrey.McIntosh at alumni.utexas.net
wrote:
> A more minimalist question is: would you buy the plans for the board
> and BOM for $5.

No.

Over a few decades I collected a nice set of databooks from various
manufacturers. At a certain moment I didn't need them anymore. So I
went for a used book store. But the guy behind the counter was clear:
all the people that are interested in that kind of books, already got
them! So I had to dump them in the old paper bin.

There are zillions of boards of which the specs are free of charge
available... For example:

https://www.olimex.com/Products/Duino/PIC32/PIC32-PINGUINO-MX220/

Look at Documents, Hardware. Why would I spend hal;f the price of a
tested working board on schematics for an idea?

Those days are over. I wish it was not the case. But it still is. Sad as
it may be for us, techies.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Jan Verhoeven