[Oberon] The Oberon answer to Arduino

Jan Verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Fri Dec 28 00:43:44 CET 2012

On Tuesday 25 December 2012 19:18:55 Aubrey.McIntosh at alumni.utexas.net
wrote:
> Thanks for the time to write this.  Sobering, but perhaps necessary.
> I will go through it carefully, a time or tow.

Dear Aubrey

I may have been a bit harsh, but I speak from experience. NEGATIVE
experience. Present day customers want INSTANT success at ZERO cost.
It's VERY hard.

I've been looking around a bit more the last few days. And there's even
more than I expected.

It's impossible to compete with this beast:

https://www.olimex.com/Products/Duino/PIC32/PIC32-PINGUINO-MICRO/

unless you have production facilities in low wages countries. Olimex is
from Bulgaria. They entered the EU. Sooner or later they will have to
raise their prices too. But at the moment they still are very hard to
beat.
10 years ago, Olimex was still so-so. Shipping from Bulgaria was
dangerous. 1 out of 10 shipments got lost on the way.
Things have improved a lot. Now Olimex is quite good. For PCB's I would
go to pcbcart.com though.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Jan Verhoeven