[Oberon] Amiga OS and Oberon

Jan Verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Tue Jan 29 22:07:38 CET 2013

On Tuesday 29 January 2013 17:41:51 Srinivas Nayak wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> My recent discovery is another small nice OS, AmigaOS, that existed
> near around the same time with Oberon OS.
>
> How it compares with Oberon?

The Amiga was one of the better personal computers of the era.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amigas

> Surprisingly, I found a page
> http://oldwww.nvg.ntnu.no/amiga/amigafaq/AmigaFAQ_25.html
> saying that, Oberon and Oberon-2 compilers were available on AmigaOS!
>
> Anybody in this group has experience with AmigaOS?

The machine was considered a game console, but in fact it was more a
crossover between what we now would call a media centre and a netbook.

I never used one. I didn't want to be connected with a game console (in
those days) although the Amiga had a 68k processor.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Jan Verhoeven
http://www.verhoeven272.nl