[Oberon] Amiga OS and Oberon

Aubrey.McIntosh at Alumni.UTexas.Net Aubrey.McIntosh at Alumni.UTexas.Net
Tue Jan 29 22:32:41 CET 2013

My brother in law is a graphic artist.  When the machine came out, I
recommended that he go see one.  He bought it immediately.  There was a
very loyal following of the machine among graphic artists for a long time.
 It was a tool of the trade, not a novelty or luxury.

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 3:07 PM, Jan Verhoeven <jan at verhoeven272.nl> wrote:

> On Tuesday 29 January 2013 17:41:51 Srinivas Nayak wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > My recent discovery is another small nice OS, AmigaOS, that existed
> > near around the same time with Oberon OS.
> >
> > How it compares with Oberon?
>
> The Amiga was one of the better personal computers of the era.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amigas
>
> > Surprisingly, I found a page
> > http://oldwww.nvg.ntnu.no/amiga/amigafaq/AmigaFAQ_25.html
> > saying that, Oberon and Oberon-2 compilers were available on AmigaOS!
> >
> > Anybody in this group has experience with AmigaOS?
>
> The machine was considered a game console, but in fact it was more a
> crossover between what we now would call a media centre and a netbook.
>
> I never used one. I didn't want to be connected with a game console (in
> those days) although the Amiga had a 68k processor.
>
> --
> Met vriendelijke groeten,
>
> Jan Verhoeven
> http://www.verhoeven272.nl