[Oberon] Re (2): Amiga OS and Oberon

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 08:39:41 CET 2013

1> A Linux router can connect with almost any protocol an ISP
1> will use.  The router will also connect to Oberon.  Problem
1> solved.  Really the solution is more general.  It offers
1> many services in addition to email connectivity.
1>

2>Yes, I would expect *nix to have the biggest repetoire.
2>But, obviously, email handling via http is time/effort
2>wasting, compared to pop/smtp, which were DESIGNED
2>to be efficient for email.

2>When we started ETHO in the 90's ISPs didn't use
2>sender authenticate [for SMTP]. So an outsider
2>could use your ISP's SMTP to send on your behalf.

Aubrey McIntosh wrote:-
>can you set up ipv6 for your system?

Not unless the effort is amortized by the benefit.

== Chris Glur.