[Oberon] Oberon Hardware Description Language

Srinivas Nayak sinu.nayak2001 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 18:05:27 CET 2013

Dear All,

I have no idea about the difference between a Hardware Description Language and
a normal software programming language. Yet, just a thought. What would it take
Oberon to be able to describe hardware and replace Verilog? Just a wish. If
Oberon can be modified such that it can describe software and hardware both,
wouldn't it be nice to have one simple, elegant language for all, OS, Compiler,
Hardware, Applications all in one language?

I know, I am completely ignorant about HDLs, and that is why day dreaming.
Please shed some lights on this, if it is not possible so easily.

With thanks and best regards,

Yours sincerely,
Srinivas Nayak

Home: http://www.mathmeth.com/sn/