[Oberon] Oberon an Raspberry Pi: no keyboard, no mouse (was: Re: Re (2): suggestions for documentation.)

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 14:49:59 CEST 2014

Thanks for your effort.
   apt-get install libudev-dev libasound2-dev libdbus-1-dev
failed unless <system update> first. That's debian 'policy'?!

Immeditely once rPi:V5 was usable, I started to create a file: "Log",
which was re-accessible on further re-boots.
You feel half-crippled, not able to `OpenFile` immediately by a single
klux. Doesn't NW know about that update/refinement?
There seemed to be no facility to write to the outside world, to save my
logged effort [that's also why I didn't spend/lose extra time with A2/blue*].

Now the 'display is lost' [only the original V5-frame shows on the HDMI-WIDE
screen, without any <track-lines> nor text, mouse-cursor].
And my logging effort is hidden/lost, in some, perhaps binary, file.

The emulator would be interesting for the RISC project, but for a rPi
tool, V5 MUST be able to react with the linux environment.

Eg. LEO can not only read/write FAT/*linux files, but can EXECUTE linux.
So you can use the mass of *nix utilities, on ETHO derived text-files.
Eg. remove all ">" | Replace all EndOfLine with <space>
 | Format 'it' by line-wrapping before N-char-len | prepend ">>" to each line;
cleans-up and converts a "cite" into a double-cite.

Also, I wanted to  ReplaceAll "<--*" in a text, but *nix regular-expressions
is a complex-dog compared to ETHO's EBNF format, so you can just use
LEO's !LIVE/Visual! Find & ReplaceAll. So you can swap back-and-forth between
LEO & linux, [from LEO inside linux] to use which ever is better.
Of course you must be able to switch-out-of LEO to linux and back-into LEO.

rPi:V5 doesn't seem to be able to do this.

V4 can also Read/Write Aos and Linux files.

== Chris Glur.