[Oberon] Pseudo-module SYSTEM (was RISC5)

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 07:55:33 CEST 2014

]>   SYSTEM.MOVE(SYSTEM.ADR(item.data(*.data*)[24]),
]>               SYSTEM.ADR(item.data(*.data*)[14]), NetIP.AdrLen);
]>
]> But where did the author select this instruction from?
]
Chris Burrows wrote:---
]From the documentation supplied with the particular implementation of Oberon
] that they were targeting / using.
]
>From the location [*Report.Text] which was pointed out to me,
it seems that Native & LEO & V4 have the same SYSTEM-syntax.
But now V5 has SYSTEM.<something>($<indeterminate byte sequence>$).
So, I'm trying to find out how-low-you-can-go, and still keep the
old-proven code, before you need to spend original effort, to port
Oberon [with the unique HCI] to different hardware.

]> Watson doesn't show the exports of SYSTEM-module.
]>
]Watson cannot know about *pseudo-modules* like SYSTEM whose only
] manifestation is within the Oberon compiler itself.
]It can only report the information for normal external modules if
]a 'symbol file' is available for that module.
]
Yes, but where's the linking info, which MUST be available to call
any SYSTEM.<Proc>?

]NOTE: Watson is not available on all versions of Oberon.
]It is useful when it is available but you should not depend on its existence.

Sure, but it IS magic. Compared to the lame C facilities.
Unless stuff like visual-studio can compete?

Thanks,

== Chris Glur.