[Oberon] Project Oberon: What are nexts steps?

volkert at nivoba.de volkert at nivoba.de
Sun May 4 10:20:21 CEST 2014

My addition: For me the top issue is how to get more attention and a larger community?

Here are my ideas:

- a “Project Oberon Manifesto”: Goals, principles, values, ...
- an easy to get and ready to use “Oberon Starter Kit” (FPGA System and Emulation-System)
- some essiantial howto's, beginner tutorials
- an “Oberon lesson plan” to help studing the “System Oberon System”
- some nice showcases (community projects, nice pictures, ...)
- documentation (all the NW Books are perfect here)
- some kind of “Project Oberon Board” to create a vision, make decisions about future directions (f.e. move to a new fpga-board, target plattforms, usb-support, color support, ...)
- a product backlog and roadmap for the next 3-5 years
- a bounty scheme to sponsor fixes and future developments
- open and transparent development
- one stop shop for “Project Oberon” (news, blogs, download, development, community, )
- …

Stupid ideas?

BW,
Volkert