[Oberon] more attention and a larger community?

Douglas G. Danforth danforth at greenwoodfarm.com
Fri May 9 00:27:21 CEST 2014

Volkert,

Stepping way back, here is what I would like to have.
I would like to be able to walk into a store and buy a
PC that was solely Oberon based.  Cheap, fast, module
upgrades (e.g. slim binaries).

I have been slightly disruptive to your topics for which I
do apologize. It is simply that in 1986 I went through this
whole process with the initial release of Oberon-0, Oberon-4,
Oberon-3, and now 30 years later we are doing it
again.  I don't have much hope for any change.

I am very happy with BlackBox/Component Pascal but that
is not the topic of this discussion.

As a hobby project I can understand some of the issues being
discussed but as to the detail, I am lost and so don't have
much to say about them.  If I were younger I might be able to
contribute something useful to your exchanges but now that I
just turned 70 (hard to believe) I have limited time that I
prefer to devote to the foundations of quantum physics
(of which I have just made a breakthrough).

So, I will back off and let you guys hash it out.  I'll watch from
the side lines.

Best regards,
Doug Danforth