[Oberon] Oberon-1 or Oberon-2?

skulski at pas.rochester.edu skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Tue Oct 28 15:56:44 CET 2014

Diego:

There are two sides to this Oberon-1 versus Oberon-2 question. One is
fundamental, or perhaps a fundamentalist's question "which one is
fundamentally a better approach". We can argue which one is better. I
think it depends on one's experience and also on an application.

There is also a practical side. There are books out there such as
Hanspeter Mossenboeck's or Stan Warford's. There is a wonderful Component
Pascal Collection. Part of this legacy may be using Oberon-2. How can
someone say "do not use this legacy because I do not like the programming
techniques". I am not sure if this is a reasonable approach.

Wojtek