[Oberon] Oberon-1 or Oberon-2?

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Tue Oct 28 22:37:36 CET 2014

If you are considering porting Oberon / Oberon-2 or Component Pascal to a
new platform, investigate which languages are currently being used to
develop the sort of applications that you want to implement, and the
libraries that you want to use on that platform. If they are predominantly
written in C then Oberon might well be adequate. If they are written in C++
and extensively using the O-O features of C++ then Oberon-2 would likely be
more suitable. If they are written in C# then you will find that Component
Pascal for .NET is the most compatible.

Regards,
Chris

Chris Burrows