[Oberon] FPGA - SRAM vs. BRAM

Jörg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Fri Apr 24 17:08:55 CEST 2015

Hi Bernhard

Principally, I guess this is possible.

The description says:
"The Block Memory Generator can generate memory structures from 1 to 4096
bits wide, and
at least two locations deep. The maximum depth of the memory is limited only
by the
number of block RAM primitives in the target device"

So for PO-2013, we would need 1M x 32 bits = 32 Mbits
Remark: PO-2013 uses BRAM already for the ROM (1K x 32 bits) to store the
Bootloader.

Unfortunately, my "target device" Spartan-6 LX45 on the Pipistrello board
only has 116 x 18 kbit = ~2 Mbit :-(

br
Jörg