[Oberon] RISC simulator

Jan de Kruyf jan.de.kruyf at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 08:27:51 CET 2015

Hi Chris,

Reading lessons at 2 sharp, in the hall :)

" because restarting the simulator fixes
the problem and the module compiles normally."

But then again maybe my spelling mistake caught you of guard. . . ;)

At first when they started appearing I was of your opinion, but now I opine
differently since I cannot (factual language, emperical knowledge) pinpoint
any place in the compiler source where they happen more than in other
places.

It looks something like (woolly language) a rotten memory location, but
then I do not get any complaints from linux otherwise, and I do use this
machine to the limits of available memory. It pages a lot.

I also did get memory corruption problems using Oberon-olr, which I did not
solve yet. There pieces of text file in the editor would disappear without
gving due notice, most annoying.

At the moment I have half a mind to set up project-norebo also from Peter
de Wachter to see what happens there. ( and I like the idea, it will work
well together with using emacs as an editor. At the moment I send files
across after an extensive edit.

here are the system details:

jan at janDell:~$ uname -a
Linux janDell 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt11-1+deb8u5
(2015-10-09) x86_64 GNU/Linux

I do not remember that I built the simulator for 32 bit or anything like
that. Just typed 'make' I think.

Cheers