[Oberon] 2013 Oberon book errata

Jörg Straube joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Mon Dec 21 07:56:42 CET 2015

Hi Srinivas

In project Oberon there are basically two modules that implement the networking.
- SCC.Mod
  Low level module that communicates with the RF chip. The HW interface used for communication with the chip is SPI. SPI is also used for the "hard disk" (SD card). To understan the code you need to read the datasheet of the chip.

- Net.Mod
Here indeed the network protocol is implemented in SW, but it's neither Ethernet nor IP nor other widely used protocols like UDP nor TCP.. It's a proprietary "simple" file transfer protocol to be used to transfer files between two Oberon machines.

Br
Jörg