[Oberon] Concurrency support in Oberon

Douglas G. Danforth danforth at greenwoodfarm.com
Fri Jan 22 02:55:19 CET 2016

One would need to tap into the operating systems underlying "process"
structures.

The SAIL (Stanford Artificial Intelligence Language) which was
algol-like had
its own processes built into the language where process switch points were
invisibly inserted into the generated code.  All of the complexity of
communication
and blocking between processes then needed to be handled, something I
believe NW
wanted to avoid.

-Doug Danforth