[Oberon] Jupiter and Saturn. Oberon, Miranda and Titania. Neptune, Titan and so on

Lars O noreply at z505.com
Mon Jan 25 01:22:55 CET 2016

Bob Walkden wrote:
> A timely reminder of how Oberon got its name:
>

> http://www.nasa.gov/feature/jpl/voyager-mission-celebrates-30-years-since
> -uranus
>

> And a catchy little number from a popular beat combo which helps me
> remember the names of some of the other moons:
>
> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=arXEDRZHyvg

Now we just have to find a Moon or planet out there that grows spinach on
it (strings) so that we can fork Oberon and call it the "Oberon With
Strings" or "Stringy Moon with Martians that grow Spinach"...

Actually seriously I think getting rid of the Pascal name was a good idea,
but still failed to popularize oberon. They even tried "Component Pascal"
to bring back the old name, which also pretty much failed.

Oberon is a neat name.