[Oberon] Re (2): oberonstation questions, ps/2?

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Tue Feb 9 13:46:29 CET 2016

I'm reluctant to risk 'feeding a troll'. However, I'm concerned that others
reading these posts could be misled by this sort of FUD.

There is no comparison. The Project Oberon target platforms use Field
Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) devices - hardware that is extensively
're-configurable' using a hardware description language (HDL). The Raspberry
Pi, C.H.I.P. etc. etc. are conventional hardwired microcontrollers at best,
vapourware at worst.

For anybody who wants hands-on experience with digital hardware design,
low-level device drivers and real-time software a Project Oberon FPGA system
is great value for money. No point spending $35 on something else if it
can't do the job, or even $9 for smoke and mirrors.

Regards,
Chris Burrows
CFB Software
http://www.astrobe.comm/RISC5