[Oberon] Oberon with strings, Eberon

Lars noreply at z505.com
Sun Feb 28 04:12:48 CET 2016

>> Whenever you espouse the pipe concept in the context of Oberon
>> I cringe.

A procedure itself is like a pipe. You pass data in, and data comes out.

Unix simply takes this one steps further and makes programs like
procedures.. you are able to pass data in, like a parameter going in to a
procedure.

This is side effects galore.. functional programmers probably hate it
because it actually *does something*

Whenever you use a procedure in your program, you are using something much
like a pipe. Just small data going in, compared to a file pipe which is
much larger data. I don't see the problem?

However, I don't use pipes often for every day GUI work and web
browsing..but doesn't mean pipes aren't powerful and useful, for when you
need it.