[Oberon] Oberon Runtime Environment running Oberon byte-code

Srinivas Nayak sinu.nayak2001 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 04:45:51 CET 2016

Dear All,

To my knowledge, Oberon programs needs a runtime environment with
1. command activation
2. garbage collection
3. dynamic loading of modules
4. certain run-time data structures

Although not part of the language, this environment is  implied by the language definition.
And this empowers Oberon.

If this is the case, like Java, would a Oberon Runtime Environment running Oberon byte-code have been better?
Is there a limitation in this scheme?
Looks like, Michael Spivey with Oxford Oberon-2 compiler proceeded with similar scheme...
I would like to know if there is any reason, we didn't make it like java...
I hope that would have solved taking Oberon to different platform easy.

With thanks and best regards,

Yours sincerely,
Srinivas Nayak

Home: http://www.mathmeth.com/sn/