[Oberon] Oberon Runtime Environment running Oberon byte-code

Douglas G. Danforth danforth at greenwoodfarm.com
Mon Feb 29 07:12:52 CET 2016

"Although the concept was first implemented circa 1966 (as O-code
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O-code> for BCPL
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BCPL> and P - a code for the Euler
Language
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euler_%28programming_language%29>),^[1]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-code_machine#cite_note-1> the term
p-code first appeared in the early 1970s. Two early compilers
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compiler> generating p-code were the
*Pascal-P compiler *in 1973, by Nori, Ammann, Jensen, Hageli, and
Jacobi,^[2] <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-code_machine#cite_note-2>
and the *Pascal-S compiler *in 1975, by Niklaus Wirth
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niklaus_Wirth>."

See p-code <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-code_machine>