[Oberon] Fast version of Oberon RISC5 for Pepino

Walter walter at waltergallegos.com
Mon Feb 29 12:12:49 CET 2016

Jörg

In FPGA a clock signal is a signal that toggle the output of a register
but not the signal that enable to toggle.

Trying to clarify the statement, the D or CE input of a FF can't change
the Q output by itself. Is the clock edge of interest that toggle Q
according to D and CE.

This allow toggling all registers between clock skew boundaries. As the
implementation tool know clock distribution tree skew, PAR try to place
and route the design to respect setup and hold time of all registers at
component operational limits.

So, generate a baud rate with a counter and use this counter as CE of
UART registers if safe.

Walter