[Oberon] Fast version of Oberon RISC5 for Pepino

Magnus Karlsson magnus at saanlima.com
Sun Feb 28 19:40:47 CET 2016

No, those are not clocks.  A clock signal is a signal that is used in a
/always @(posedge clk)/ statement or directly connected to the clock
input of a clocked element (like flip-flops and BRAM etc.).
In the RS232 code the clocked elements are all clocked using the 25 MHz
clock but the clock is only acted upon when the baud-rate counter
indicates that it's time to shift out the next bit.  This is how you
typically create a slower "clock" in a synchronous system - you clock
all sequential elements with the same clock but only enable the slower
running elements when it's time to act on the clock.

Magnus