[Oberon] Message Objects in Oberon

Jörg Straube joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Mon Mar 28 08:54:42 CEST 2016

Hi

The beauty of Oberon OS is, that you can extend it. Eg in Native Oberon there was an extension of the Text files called "folds". With folds it was possible to make different versions of the same source code (eg a Windows or Linux version of Display.Mod or a German and English version of the compiler), choose and enable the needed version before compilation.
(A little bit comparable to C's #ifdef)

At compile time of TextFrames.Mod this folds extension was not known. By using messages and handlers you can e.g. extend Texts and TextFrames without touching the binaries of those modules.

Jörg