[Oberon] slight extention makes ETHO more acceptable?

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 07:52:14 CEST 2016

Probably a slight extention would make the ETHO TUI interface
acceptable to the normal user.
And it would be a good exercise/proof if/that how easy ETHO
is extendable.

wily which is based on plan9's copy of ETHO is even more
problematic that ETHO for piano-players/mouseaphobes.
If your mouse/cursor wonders to another TextFrame while you
are typing or not holding it: THAT becomes the active Frame,
which will receive your next keyin.

What is the most problematic aspect of mouse-based usage
for keyboard based users?

For me, it's perhaps the incremental saving of entered text,
needing:
1. move hand to mouse and cursor to <Store Button>
2. visually relocate previous typeing position.
  and move mouse cursor there.

What about being able to <Store the Text, in the same mode
Aos/*nix/DOS/..etc as the previous Store/Load> of the Frame where
the latest keyin was made?

For me, as a continual mc user [from the original DOS:nc]:
save means <F2>; which is 1-keystroke, with minimal interruption
between keying-in.