[Oberon] OLR: Browser.Showdef not working

Srinivas Nayak sinu.nayak2001 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 06:58:29 CEST 2016

Dear Peter,

I am using olr160330.tgz
Browser.Showdef not working.
Compiling Browser.Mod says Modules.extension not defined.
Compiling Modules.Mod says new symbol file includes extension now.
But Not able to reload Modules. :-(
It says reference count not zero.
System.State on Modules says importing = Modules, imported = Modules.

Something little absurd.
True that Modules can't be unloaded. Can we? Can we unload Kernel too?
System.State's output also seems little confusing.

Anyway, I thought, if Modules can't be unloaded at runtime, no issues.
I have already compiled Browser and Modules along with new symbol files.
So a System.Reboot will do the job.

Excellent. It did half the job!

Earlier Browser.ShowDef was generating a TRAP.
Now with new Modules loaded, it says Browser imports incompatible version of Modules. extension incompatible.

Now, how to proceed?

With thanks and best regards,

Yours sincerely,
Srinivas Nayak