[Oberon] Uniform GUI

Douglas G. Danforth danforth at greenwoodfarm.com
Thu Apr 14 18:13:00 CEST 2016

Srinivas,
I am in accord with the desire to have a uniform (universal) GUI
(graphical User Interface) for Oberon, however, if one looks at
what are currently available one sees that the display of Oberon-V4
is very different from BlackBox/Component Pascal.  I strongly
prefer BlackBox to the tiled windows of Oberon.  So there you
have a schism.  A split within the community.  Alas, that will
probably always be the case.  Notice how many different programming
languages there are!  Why don't we have only one language that
everyone uses?  I'll let you fill in the blank ____.
-Doug Danforth